Length: 60 minutes
Summary: Ever wonder how family heirlooms such as photos, certificates, letters, diaries and more end up at a garage sale or flea market? Have you located items online at Ebay, Etsy and other sites and wished you could reunite them with family descendants? Learn the best ways to locate orphaned family history items and how to make sure they endure as heirlooms.
Description: Participants will learn how to locate lost family heirlooms at in-person events like flea markets as well as at online websites. We’ll cover how to research the history of an item, how to work with the seller, how to contact possible family members related to the item and more.
Audience Level: Beginner.
Requirements: Projection for computer on large screen; internet connection.
Content: 4 pages.
- Family Heritage for Sale: How Heirlooms Get Lost . . . and Found!
- Researching Heirlooms and Contacting Family Members
- Working with Current and Future Owners
- Copyright and Ownership Issues related to Orphaned Heirlooms
- Best Methods for Handling Orphaned Family History
- Resource List
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.