Length: 60 minutes
Summary: Are you sitting on a pile of old family photographs and wondering what is the best way to preserve them? What about boxes of family vacation slides, photo negatives or home movies? As more and more Baby Boomers take on the task of organizing family history materials, we’re uncertain about the best way to preserve these memories. And an over-abundance of technology doesn’t help!
Description: Participants will learn the best ways to organize and preserve family photos including outsourcing as well as the DIY approach. Starting with quick and easy inventory and organizing tips, we’ll move on to creating a strategic plan to finally get this photo project done!
Audience Level: Beginner.
Requirements: Projection for computer on large screen; internet connection.
Content: 4 pages.
- Creating a Photo Digitization and Preservation Plan
- Taking Inventory, Sorting and Organizing Photos and Media
- A Crucial Decision: Do-It-Yourself (DIY)? or Send It Out?
- Tips for Outsourcing Digitization Projects
- Tips for DIY Digitization Projects
- Technology Review: What’s New and What’s a “Must Have”
- Resource List
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.