Length: 60 minutes
Summary: Are you really done with researching that ancestor? Many genealogists think they have a brick wall when, in fact, they just haven’t done a “reasonably exhaustive search.” Learn how to assemble a genealogy research checklist to take your genealogy to the next level.
Description: Participants will learn how to identify gaps in their genealogy research and then move to the next level of research. These levels include using genealogy networks, going beyond online research with the help of Family Search Centers and other “offline” resources, and crafting a genealogy research checklist.
Audience Level: Beginner.
Content: 4 pages.
- What Am I Missing? Identifying Gaps in Your Genealogy Research
- Tapping Into the Power of Genealogy Networks
- Genealogy Societies
- Genealogy Conferences
- Going Beyond Online Research
- Archives, Libraries and Repositories
- Family Search Centers
- Hiring a Professional Genealogist
- Crafting a Genealogy Research Checklist
- Resource List
©2017, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.