Cannacord|Genuity is one of several financial firms which have begun tracking Ancestry.com‘s stock performance (the ticker symbol is ACOM) with recommendations for its clients based on their analysts’ research.
This morning Cannacord issued one of its research reports for ACOM entitled WDYTYA Season 2 – Solid Start. It is an interesting read, especially this information:
- Cannacord places Ancestry.com in the Technology – Internet Solutions – eCommerce market.
- A valuation target of $40 per share has been set for ACOM stock.
- WDYTYA also aired simultaneously in Canada on Friday evening. I am still researching Canadian television ratings and will post any information I can find.
- Cannacord uses an interesting “celebrity scale” based on search results from Google Trends. While Vanessa Williams was rated at 28%, and Tim McGraw at 100% I find it interesting that Season 1’s episode for Emmitt Smith was one of the highest rated despite his 8% celebrity rank.
- There does seem to be a “subscriber lift” at Ancestry.com due to not only the original airings of WDYTYA but the brief re-airing season in August and September 2010.
Also note that Cannacord used several of my Season 1 WDYTYA ratings charts and tables in their report.
[Disclosure Statement: Cannacord|Genuity contacted me and requested permission to use my ratings analysis and tracking information for Season 1 of Who Do You Think You Are? for which there was no compensation . See the Disclosure Statements page for a list of all material connections I have with genealogy-related vendors.]
©2011, copyright Thomas MacEntee