Length: 60 minutes
Summary: Have you considered using a variety of social media “pinning” sites like Pinterest to share your family history photos and stories? You might be surprised at the connection you can make with other genealogists as well as far-flung family members!
Description: One of the challenges in using the Flip- Pal® mobile scanner on family photos and mementos is “what do I do with it now that it’s scanned?” Using social media pinning sites such as Pinterest, What Was There, History Pin and even Google Maps allows you to not only share your family history photos, but you never know who will find your content and what connections you could make!
Audience Level: Beginner
Requirements: Projection for laptop/netbook computer on large screen; internet connection – wired or wireless (preferred in order to show live websites and resources).
Content: 4 page handout
- Review of the “pinning” craze and how pinning works
- Scanning family history content to pin
- How family historians are using pinning sites
- Pinning sites you should know
- Copyright and pinning sites
- Pinning best practices for family historians
- Resource List
©2013, copyright Thomas MacEntee