Length: 60 minutes
Summary: Mind mapping is a process of creating a diagram or flow chart of ideas and concepts. Learn about automated mindmapping tools that let you see your research data in a new light.
Description: Do you have trouble planning a genealogy research strategy? What if you had an automated way to lay out concepts, variables and actions? Mind mapping can help you create an effective research plan as well as help you connect data points once the research is completed.
Audience Level: Beginner
Requirements: Projection for laptop/netbook computer on large screen; internet connection – wired or wireless (preferred in order to show live websites and resources).
Content: 4 page handout
- Mind mapping – A Brief Introduction
- Important Mind mapping Concepts
- Mind mapping Platforms
- A Sample Mindmapped Genealogy Research Plan
- Mind mapping Results and Formulating Conclusions
- Best Practices for Mind mapping
©2012, copyright Thomas MacEntee