Length: 60 minutes
Summary: Frustrated in trying to get a hold of a specific book to further your genealogy research? Learn about accessing the 20 million books, many available for free, at Google Books.
Description: Google has been involved in a massive project to digitize the world’s books since 2004 and more and more genealogists are discovering Google Books to help their research. Learn the different types of books available, how to access them and use the contents effectively for genealogy research.
Audience Level: Beginner
Requirements: Projection for laptop/netbook computer on large screen; internet connection – wired or wireless (preferred in order to show live interaction using various websites).
Content: 4 page handout
- Books? On Google? An Overview of Google Books
- Search Strategies in Google Books
- Views: Full, Preview and Snippet
- Using Google Books Contents
- Magazines and Other Items
- Using the Bookshelf Feature
- Tips and Tricks for Google Books
©2012, copyright Thomas MacEntee