Length: 120 minutes – workshop format. There will be lecture segments, period Q&A and small 5-10 minute exercises throughout the workshop. The 120 minute length does not include breaks.
Summary: Participants will learn how modern-day genealogy professionals are leveraging easy-to-learn marketing techniques to build their genealogy business and get their products and services noticed. This workshop includes lecture segments, exercises and an extensive handout with tools to take home and put to use for your own business.
Description: Marketing can often seem like “baloney peddling” but when used effectively in the genealogy community it can help establish your niche and build your genealogy business. Learn various techniques including setting a target audience, building a marketing toolbox, tracking projects and tasks, building a network and more.
Audience Level: Beginner
Requirements: Projection for laptop/netbook computer on large screen; internet connection – wired or wireless (preferred in order to show live interaction using various websites).
Content: 12 page handout
- Genealogy Marketing: One Professional’s Experience
- Setting Your Target Audience
- The Genealogy Marketer’s Toolbox
- Tracking Marketing Projects and Tasks
- Carving Out Your Knowledge Niche
- Building Your Network
- The Freemium Concept: A Not-So-New Technique
- Achieving the “Zen” of Marketing
- Determining Marketing Effectiveness
- Best Kept Secrets of Modern Day Marketing
- Discussion and Problem Solving
©2012, copyright Thomas MacEntee