Length: 60 minutes
Summary: Participants will learn the quick and dirty basics of marketing using free or low-cost resources, many of them online. The focus will be on resources as well as tips and tricks to pull together a solid marketing initiative for your genealogy business.
Description: No fancy charts or analytics here; no theories or complicated MBA stuff either. Build an effective genealogy marketing campaign based on free or low-cost resources and in just a few hours.
Audience Level: Beginner
Requirements: Projection for laptop/netbook computer on large screen; internet connection – wired or wireless (preferred in order to show live interaction using various websites).
Content: 4 page handout
- QuickStart: Setting Marketing Goals and Target Audience
- Learn: What Is Working for Your Genealogy Colleagues?
- Social Media: Platforms Where Your Presence Is Required
- Old Is New: Business Cards, Display Ads and Flyers
- Tips and Tricks for the Duct Tape Marketer
©2013, copyright Thomas MacEntee