Length: 60 minutes
Summary: Would you like to share your family history research with other family members but in a way that is visually appealing and doesn’t make their eyes glaze over or run the other way? In this session you’ll learn about a wide variety of options available and the best ways to post your research and hook your family members!
Description: There are many ways you can share your family history findings and this session will focus on Web-based platforms, both free and fee-based. Learn what is currently available, the technology behind the sites, and some best-practices to use when designing a workspace.
Audience Level: Beginner/Intermediate
Requirements: Projection for laptop/netbook computer on large screen; internet connection – wired or wireless (preferred in order to show live interaction using various websites).
Content: 4 page handout
- What is a Family History Workspace?
- Types of Family History Workspaces
- What’s In Your Family History Workspace?
- Getting Other Family Members Involved in Your Family History Workspace
- Best Practices for Designing a Family History Workspace
- Resource List
©2012, copyright Thomas MacEntee