Length: 60 minutes
Summary: Would you like to share your family history research with other family members but in a way that is visually appealing and doesn’t make their eyes glaze over or run the other way? In this session you’ll learn about a wide variety of options available and the best ways to post your research and hook your family members!
Description: There are many ways you can share your family history findings and this session will focus on Web-based platforms, both free and fee-based. Learn what is currently available, the technology behind the sites, and some best-practices to use when designing a workspace.
Audience Level: Beginner
Requirements: Projection for laptop/netbook computer on large screen
Content: 4 page handout
- Why Is a Genealogy Website Important?
- Genealogy Website Platforms
- What’s In Your Genealogy Website?
- Getting Other Family Members Involved in Your Website
- Best Practices for Designing a Genealogy Website
©2012, copyright Thomas MacEntee