Length: 60 minutes
Summary: Having a genealogy blog can take your genealogy research to another dimension. Learn how to get started in this easy-to-understand demo!
Description: Genealogy blogs are more than just “the latest fad” – they are a valuable way to enhance your genealogy research. If you’ve ever wondered how to get started, this easy-to-understand demo geared towards beginners is the ticket!
In this session an individual family history blog used to document genealogy research, share stories and memories with family members will be created from scratch right before your eyes.
Audience Level: Beginner
Requirements: Projection for laptop/netbook computer on large screen
Content: 6 page handout
- Why Have A Genealogy Blog?
- Define Your Blog Type and Blogging Goals
- Mapping Out A Blog Format
- Select A Blogging Platform
- Select a Blog Template
- Create Your Genealogy Blog
- Your Blog Settings
- Create Your First Blog Post
- Easy Does It – Start Simple
©2012, copyright Thomas MacEntee