Length: 60 minutes
Summary: With the emergence of social media tools such as blogs, Twitter and Facebook, marketing techniques have taken on new power in the 21st century. Learn how to harness the power of these methods to market your genealogy society.
Description: In this session genealogy societies will learn the new marketing tricks of the 21st century that are being used in the online world:
- How to achieve the “zen” of marketing – not spamming and not under-marketing
- How to take advantage of free marketing tools
- How to use Twitter, Facebook and other social media applications
Audience Level: Beginner
Requirements: Projection for laptop/netbook computer on large screen
Content: 8 page handout
- Why is 21st century marketing different?
- Social media tools – overview
- Achieve the “Zen” of marketing
- “Engage” – the key word in 21st century marketing
- Tips and tricks on “casting your net”
- Converting contacts to customers/members
©2012, copyright Thomas MacEntee