Google for Genealogists presentation – August 25, 2012 – Swedish American Museum, Chicago

Nordic Family Genealogy Center

On Saturday, Aug. 25, the Nordic Family Genealogy Center will host a special lecture with Thomas MacEntee, nationally-known genealogy author, educator, and speaker. He will present on using Google search engine when conducting genealogy research. Most genealogists only use 10% or less of the resources behind Google when it comes to research. Learn how to use the other 90%!

Registration for this event takes place at 10:15 am, and the program will start at 10:30 a.m. Free to Museum and Nordic Family Genealogy members, $10 for non-members.

Reservations requested. Phone the Museum at 773.728.8111. For more information, please visit our website, www.SwedishAmericanMuseum.org/genealogy. You may also e-mail genealogy@samac.org.

Print Friendly

About the Author

Thomas MacEntee
Thomas MacEntee is a genealogist specializing in the use of technology and social media to improve genealogical research and as a means of interacting with others in the family history community. Utilizing over 25 years of experience in the information technology field, Thomas writes and lectures on the many ways blogs, Facebook and Twitter can be leveraged to add new dimensions to the genealogy experience. As the creator of GeneaBloggers.com he has organized and engaged a community of over 1,100 bloggers to document their own journeys in the search for ancestors.